I am 28. White. A Female. And a former Peace Corps Volunteer. I am HIV Positive. This is my story of how a few months, a few people, and a few events in Zambia changed me and my life forever. This is the story of how I contracted HIV and brought my Peace Corps Journey to a crashing halt... and how I am working now to pick up and put back together the pieces of my life as a newly diagnosed person living with HIV. This was not the journey I had originally planned... my path has traumatically and dramatically changed... but it is the one I am on now. There is no going back. There is only forward. I welcome you to follow along with me as I attempt to explore this new life ahead of me, whether you are someone from the Peace Corps community, or someone living with HIV. I welcome your comments, questions, suggestions, and opinions. Let us go forward together. To start from the beginning, click here He Gave Me More Than A Bracelet.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Welcomed Surprise!

I logged into my bank account today, and found to my surprise a considerable lump of extra unexpected money! Woohoo! Where did it come from you might ask? Well, I cannot say for certain, because it is all written in code... but as far I as I can decipher, I think this is my money from my Peace Corps bank account in Zambia finally being transferred over to me! I had attempted to find out for months where my money had gone to, and if I would ever get it back, but unfortunately I made no progress with getting any answers from Zambia PC. I finally just gave up on it altogether a few months ago, figuring that their lack of response meant that I wouldn't be getting it back. Well, I still haven't heard anything from them... but based on the amount deposited, and the account code being similar to the code used when my readjustment allowance was deposited, my only conclusion is that this must be my money. Again, I say, Woohoo!

1 comment: