I am 28. White. A Female. And a former Peace Corps Volunteer. I am HIV Positive. This is my story of how a few months, a few people, and a few events in Zambia changed me and my life forever. This is the story of how I contracted HIV and brought my Peace Corps Journey to a crashing halt... and how I am working now to pick up and put back together the pieces of my life as a newly diagnosed person living with HIV. This was not the journey I had originally planned... my path has traumatically and dramatically changed... but it is the one I am on now. There is no going back. There is only forward. I welcome you to follow along with me as I attempt to explore this new life ahead of me, whether you are someone from the Peace Corps community, or someone living with HIV. I welcome your comments, questions, suggestions, and opinions. Let us go forward together. To start from the beginning, click here He Gave Me More Than A Bracelet.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Officially Replaced

So, I have a friend (a fellow Medevac from DC actually) who was medically separated from her first country (Guinea)... and !surprise! then reassigned to Zambia. So, she left for Zambia in January as part of the Education group, exactly one year after me! Well, I've been keeping in touch with her as she goes through training, and I just heard that they found out their site placements yesterday...

She is going to a different Province than I was in, but she was able to tell me who is replacing me at my site.

Yep, that's right, as of yesterday, I am officially replaced. As I write this, the new girl is visiting my old site, house, family, friends, and coworkers... and probably rifling through all of the junk left in my hut lol. Hopefully it's not too much of a mess (but I bet it is)... but, on the bright side, she's already got some supplies and won't need to buy as much...
Hope she loves it!

1 comment: